Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Temporary Home

Miranda Lambert's song, House That Built Me, related closely to the last portion of my senior year. The song talks about how she knows that she can never go back to the house she grew up in with all the memories that were made in it. This is very similar to me. Last April I found out I would be moving to Houston when I graduated high school because my dad's company was transferring his job there. However, family circumstances arose and today we still live in San Antonio. However, here very soon the move will take place.

It's definitely a weird feeling being at Baylor University and knowing that in a few short months I'll be going "home" on breaks to Houston and not back to San Antonio. On the one hand it's that time in my life to branch out and spread my wings but it's also nice to know that no matter what I can always go back to San Antonio on breaks.

I've made so many friends in SA that I don't want to lose. Friends that mean more to me than words can express and leaving them just seems impossible. But then I remember Carrie Underwood's song, Temporary Home.

It' reminds me that earth is our temporary home and that are real home is in Heaven with God. So in the end, where I live here on earth is not really important compared to my home that is waiting for me in Heaven. That thought makes this move a little easier to bear and gives me comfort that in the end God will place me where He wants me, I just have to trust in Him. So remember, trust in God continually; He will never leave you. And of course, Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly.

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment