Friday, August 26, 2011

Nothing Is Impossible

So it's official. I just finished my first week of classes for my freshman year at Baylor University. It's definitely been an interesting week. I walked into my first college class ever this past Monday at 8am. It was English 1302 and I had no idea what to expect. I obviously knew that the classes would be totally different and there would be higher expectations of me. But, I had no clue what I was about to get into.

This past week of school has been crazy busy. I've seriously spent almost all of my time studying..and it's only the first week. But that's when I got the idea for today's word: Perseverance.

It seemed like I had a never ending pile of homework this week and I feel the same way about all the homework I have to do this weekend. But that's when I remembered what God says about getting overwhelmed and persevering through the hard times.

James 1:12: "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." Right now, my work load seems as if it will never get finished. But I know, that with God all things are possible and He will never give me more than I can handle.


So when you get overwhelmed with work, or school, or social events, or whatever it might be, always remember that God will never give you anything that you can't handle. But you can only handle it if you trust and believe in Him. He will help you accomplish everything you have to do and will guide you through the hard times. 


Act Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly


Love Always,
Alicia 
Micah 6:8

1 comment:

  1. I love the inspiration from Micah 6:8. What an inspiration!

    I feel the same way (sort of). This is my second year at Baylor, and I know I'm in for a busy semester...even though only one week is gone.

    But this is wonderful encouragement, Alicia! Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, and He will give you (and me) strength through a sometimes rough semester! After all, we have hope because of Him! And remember, God gave you friends at Baylor for support and encouragement too!

    Christian
    A Christian

    ReplyDelete