Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Joys of Being A Freshman

Freshman year. What can I say? I was so used to being on top last year in high school and now I'm a little freshman all over again. Today, I've been at Baylor exactly one week. In some ways it doesn't feel that long and in other ways it feels like it's been forever. College can be overwhelming and stressful but I've already made some great friends and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me at Baylor.

I titled this blog Act Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. I chose this title because it comes from my life verse which is found in Micah 6:8.
      "He has shown you O man what is good and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

In this blog I will choose a different word for each post to focus on. Today's word is Comfort.

You see, God likes to take us out of our comfort zones. That's when we truly grow as individuals and that's when we truly turn to God for help. When we come out of our comfort zones, we begin to fully trust God for everything.

Coming to Baylor was a huge step outside my comfort zone. I'm a huge family girl and love being close to all my family. Now, I'm three hours away, and at first I had a hard time with it. I'm three hours away from my family and all the friends that I left back home. But once I got to Baylor, I started trusting in God more and realizing that He was taking me out of my comfort zone so I could continue to grow in Him.

So today: step outside your comfort zone. Stepping outside your comfort zone allows God to work in your life in more ways than you could ever imagine. Stepping outside of your comfort zone is one of the first steps in following God's will for your life.

And remember, Act Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly

Love always,
Alicia
Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment