Thursday, August 25, 2011

Because These Things Will Change

Let me start off by saying that I'm a huge country girly girl, and that's where I got the title for today's entry. I love swing dancing, and wearing cowboy boots, and dressing up for things! But, I also love country music and the title of this blog entry is a lyric from Taylor Swift's song, Change. In life, things change all the time. Sometimes, we want the change to happen, and other times we don't want the change to happen. So today's word is: Change.

College life is just that: change. Everything changes. You sometimes move away from your family, you change cities, the homework load changes, your social life changes, and you no longer have your mom to do you laundry or go pick up things you need from the store for you. You're on your own. 

Coming to Baylor has been a big change for me. I went to a relatively small private high school and now coming to a University where one of my classes has more students in it then my graduating class from high school did is a huge adjustment. The homework load is ten times the amount I had in high school and professors expect so much more out of you. It's intimidating and sometimes scary.

Change can be a scary thing. Moving away, leaving behind old friends, having to make new friends, living on your own and people having higher expectations of you is definitely a scary thing. But it all goes back to yesterday's entry about leaving your comfort zone. Change is just that: leaving what you were used to and comfortable doing and moving on to something unfamiliar and outside your comfort zone.

Change can be a positive thing: and that's what God has been showing me this last week since I've moved to Baylor. God took me outside my comfort zone and changed my surroundings to help me grow in my relationship with Him and strengthen me. Relying in God as your foundation while you are going through a change is a crucial part. So today: rely in God when He changes things in your life. Trust in Him, because He has a perfect will for each of our lives. Because just like Taylor Swift's song says, "These things will change."

Act Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly

Love always,
Alicia
Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment